Give the ultimate baby shower gift with this perfect modern cloth nappy set which includes:
- 2 x One-Size-Fits-Most minimalist nappy system suitable for weight ranges between 4/5kg up to 16/18kg, includes 2 x shells + 2 bamboo inserts + 2 bamboo boosters.
- 1 x swim nappy, reusable and washable, designed to contain solid waste, but breathable enough for liquids to drain, so baby is not weighed down when in the water.
- 1 x wet bag, super handy and convenient water-resistant storage bag for use with cloth nappies, swimming gear or general purpose travel!
Our nappy collection is an innovative minimalist nappy system, designed to make nappy changing simple, efficient, cost-effective and environmentally friendly!
Bare + Boho products have been thoughtfully designed here in Australia & ethically created featuring signature designer and hand-drawn prints and custom elements.
The shell consists of a soft waterproof outer layer made of Water-resistant fabric (PUL) featuring a stunning designer print, and a water-resistant inner lining (PUL) that allows for any mess to be easily wiped clean.
The unique waterproof lining means the shell can be reused, lasting numerous nappy changes before washing is required. Made with light-weight waterproof materials, washing is as simple as a wipe-down, spray down or a rinse under the tap, and drying time is fast.
Featuring outer double gusseting around the thighs to guard against leakage as well as gusseting at the rear of the nappy to avoid leakage up the back.
Fitting the shell:
Involves two options to allow for custom shaping and fit:
- Groin Snap-Rise System: 4x size settings allowing parents to customise to a longer/shorter nappy and to provide a custom fit around thighs. (These snaps are situated in the lower section of the front of the nappy shell.)
- Waist-Size System: Double row of snaps situated at the top of the front of the nappy shell, to allow for a personalised fit to baby’s waist size. Overlapping closure feature also available.
- Snap insert in to waterproof inner lining of shell
- For more absorbency (Overnight/Heavy wetters): Snap booster to the waterproof inner lining of the shell first, then snap the insert on top of the booster
- Lay baby on top of open nappy, ensuring back of nappy sits just at the top of baby’s bottom crack
- Pull front of nappy up much higher nn belly than the back sits
- Adjust length of the nappy via groin Snap-Rise: (Situated lower section on front of shell – 4 options) Connect the snaps upwards to shorten nappy
- Use fingers to tuck the excess fabric upwards in between front groin rise snaps
- Bring side waist tabs up and around baby for a snug and secure fit around waist
- Pull leg gussets out around thighs, running a finger along the inside of the shell gussets and pull out the insert gussets so they sit within the shell gussets (This will ensure the insert is sitting flat and not bunched up inside nappy)
- Tuck the shell gusset elastic back in to baby’s underwear line to avoid discomfort
- Ensure no gaps around back or thighs, and ensure two fingers width at the front top panel so there is some space for when baby is sitting up
- Nappy changes: Snap out soiled insert and snap clean one in. (Shells are completely waterproof and wipe-able to ensure multiple-use before washing, however you may choose to spray and wipe down/air-dry/wash between use.)
How many will I need?
This depends on:
- The frequency parents wish to wash (recommended is every 1-2 days)
- Whether choosing to use exclusively full-time from birth to toddler, or part-time/on regular rotation with other products.
- The below is an indication of amount recommended for exclusive and full-time use of our range from birth to toddler training (lifespan for 2+ years):
OSFM Full-time: (Average change 2-3 hours)
- 9-12 Shells (shells are easily wiped down between changes)
- 27 Inserts
- 9 Boosters (Heavy wetters, day naps and overnight use per day/night cycle).
- Urine: Place Lightly Urinated Items Into A Dry Pail.* (See Below For Details)
- Faeces: Shake Waste Off The Insert Into Toilet/ Use Toilet Paper To Scrape Off Solids And Flush/ Use A Toilet Spray Attachment To Spray Solids Into The Toilet.
- Recommended Optional Extra: (Newborn Poo/Teething Babies/Acidic Urine) Briefly Hand Rinse Soiled Insert Under Laundry Tap To Remove Any Excess Waste. Squeeze Excess Water Out, Then Place In The Dry Pail Until Ready To Wash.
- Reusable/Disposable Liners: Remove The Waste From Liner By Shaking Waste Into Toilet- Place Disposing Liner In Your Garbage Or Reusable Liner In Dry Pail Until Wash Day. Do Not Flush Liners As They Are A Hazard To The Environment And Plumbing.
- Washing Day: Unsnap All Items (Fasten Together Velcro Tabs Where Used). Unload Shells, Inserts And Booster Into Washing Machine As They Can Be Washed Together.
- Rinse Cycle: (Cold/Warm/Max. 30 Degrees) This Removes Excess Soiling Prior To Main Wash (Detergent Optional Or Max. 1/2 Recommended Dosage For Your Machine Size). Best To Use A Rinse Cycle That Removes The Dirty Water.
- Long Heavy Cycle: (Choose Longest Option) (Cold/ Warm/Max 30-60 Degrees). Use Half/ Full Recommended Dosage Of Detergent For Your Load Size. Use Double Dosage If Choosing To Use An Eco/Plant Based Washing Detergent.
- Recommended: Add General Household Laundry To This Phase Of The Wash If Not Washing Enough Nappies To Fill 2/3 Of The Machine When Wet. It Will Decrease Dramatic Spin On Nappy Shells.
- Drying Inserts/Boosters: Drying In Direct Sunlight Or Air Dry Is Recommended, And Will Aid In Naturally Bleaching Any Stains. Tumble-Dry On Lowest/Delicate Setting Only. No Fabric Softener.
- Drying Shells: Shade Dry Only With Patterned Side Facing Upwards. Do Not Tumble-Dry Or Dry In Direct Sunlight Any Products Containing PUL As This Can Damage And Will Void Your Warranty.
*Dry-Pail: Open-Lid Storage Container Such As A Bucket Or Plastic Laundry Bucket Until Ready To Wash. It Is Termed “Dry-Pailing” As We No Longer Have To Soak Modern Cloth Nappies Like Traditional Cloth Nappies. Lots Of Air Flow Is Recommended While Waiting Until Laundry Day, So Opting For A Basket With Hole In The Sides Are Ideal.
- Industry standards recommend avoiding highly perfumed or acidic detergents containing citrus or phosphates.
- Do not use any detergents containing fabric softeners, optical brighteners or chlorine bleach as these can break down natural fibers or can leave residue on the insert and reduce absorption. Using these products will void your warranty.
- Do not use nappy balms or creams containing zinc or petroleum unless using a reusable/disposable liner, as these balms will result in residue sticking to the inserts and will reduce absorption.
- Long term use of higher temperatures on PUL can decrease lifespan and will void your warranty.
- Line hanging: Avoid too much stress on the leg elastics when drying the shell. Recommended is draping the nappy shell horizontally over the line.
- Inserts consisting of natural fibers, such as Hemp/bamboo/cotton, require pre-washing before use, to increase absorbency and allow the fibres to release any natural oils. minimum 4-6 washes.
- PRE-WASHING: Simply wash inserts in a normal cycle 3 – 5 times Cold-Warm or Max 60 degrees. (Detergent needed for first cycle only). Don’t dry in between washes. Once washed, remove from machine and stretch all inserts to maximum shape- pulling out ends and pulling out gusset flaps. Allow to completely dry before ready for use.
- Slight shrinkage with the natural fibre inserts may occur, however they will shrink to correct length needed for the shell snap sockets. Once washed, remove inserts from machine and stretch all inserts to maximum shape- pulling out ends and pulling out gusset flaps. To avoid excess shrinkage, avoid tumble drying unless for a final dry on lowest setting and low spin.