Our Breast pads are completely reusable, washable, and eco-friendly. Designed to be used multiple times and washed with general laundry in the wash-bag provided.
In the last weeks of pregnancy, the breasts can excrete fluid; post-birth, they can leak excessive amounts of breast-milk. So using a pad placed in the bra to cover the nipples, helps contain this leakage.
Using reusable breast pads, can potentially save upwards of 1000 disposables pads used per child, based on the average mother requiring 8 changes a day for 3 months!
We truly believe in the importance of nurturing the feminine body, both before pregnancy and post-birth, through the use of natural, healthy and non-toxic products. We also greatly believe that products for our bodies, should not have to cost the earth!
- Simply place a pad in your bra against the nipple, to absorb fluids.
- Due to the waterproof backing you can rest assured that fluids won’t leak through to your clothing.
- When the pad is heavy with fluid, place used pad in wash bag ready for your next laundry load and use another pad. We recommend washing daily-second day.
- 3x Pairs of Organic Cotton-Bamboo Breastpads and Wash bag
- Small Wash-bag designed to contain the pads from getting lost in the washing machine.
- Pre-wash before use is advised for natural fibres, as it will continue to build up in absorbency with more washes, minimum 4-6 washes.
- Pre-washing: Simply wash inserts in a normal cycle 3 – 5 times. (Detergent needed for first cycle only). Don’t dry in between washes. Alternatively, wash with your regular laundry a few times. Ensuring pads are secured in their washbags so they don’t get lost.
- Due to the nature of the Waterproof PUL fabric, the pads are best washed on a cold-warm wash (30 degrees)
- Sun drying is our recommendation where possible, alternatively low tumble-dry or line dry.
- No bleach, do not iron, do not dry clean and no fabric softener.
- Once your pad has absorbed a large amount of moisture, please be wary of leaving on your skin for extended periods once full, to avoid any form of irritations.
- Avoid highly perfumed or acidic detergents containing citrus or phosphates.
- Industry standards state using amount of detergent listed on the detergent packaging for your load size and machine type used. Plant Based Detergents may require more to achieve an effective wash.
- Do not use any detergents containing fabric softeners, optical brighteners or chlorine bleach as these can break down natural fibers or can leave residue on the insert and reduce absorption.
- Do not expose the pads to heat over 60 degrees.
- Drying in sunlight is the most economical and environmentally conscious option, and also aids to eliminate bacteria and will naturally bleach stains.